One of the items on my 50 Before 31 list was to write an It’s Ok list. I got the idea from the wonderful Allison over at Lemonade Life (check her out! NOW!). It was something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time and I finally put it together. Enjoy!
- To feel like a gourmet chef when you use a big sharp knife to cut into cold butter (a la Ina Garten) – even though you only used said big sharp knife because it was already out to cut something else – allegedly.
- To still cover your eyes when a car crashes on tv because it brings back memories of being hit by a car in a very small accident that only left you with a broken tailbone, a bruised knee and lots of shame for not getting the driver’s info. Right?
- To think there is such a thing as TOO hot – like when a man’s body is so perfect (i.e Jason Stackhouse/Ryan Kwanten) you know your self esteem would keep you from undressing in front of them no matter how much he begs (easy to say I suppose, I imagine much harder to actually do) – and you know it’s a bad thing. And to think that your boyfriend is “Perfect Hot.” You know, the kind of hot that loves you because of your flaws, not despite them.
- To get married and divorced but want to marry again…badly. And to not be able to explain why.
- To enjoy an adult beverage more when it’s consumed outside your domicile. And even more when you don’t pay for it.
- To really like the word “fuck” and how versatile it is. And to use it frequently and with great emphasis – except at work.
- To have baby names picked out. You know, just in case.
- To read about two different “sexual problems” in a single magazine article and discover that exes of yours weren’t lying about the sex headaches and sleep humping. And then being thankful that the biggest “sex problem” in your life right now (and for the forseeable future) is that even after a couple of years together you simply can’t get enough of one another.
What would be on YOUR It’s Ok list? xo