Fitness Thursday – Week Four
Hey all!! Sorry I’ve been MIA. I hope that Monday’s vlog explained that well and that you enjoyed the pictures of my super awesome Easter. But it’s time to get real – I posted all this here to give myself a sense of accountability. Doesn’t help me be accountable if I don’t fill you in right? Well here’s what I’ve done since my last check in two weeks ago:
Ran 9.68 miles
Biked 22.5 miles
Shape iPhone workouts: 7
Walked 3.5 miles (some was hiking!)
And did 2 hours of yoga!
Honestly? I’m REALLY proud of those numbers. And I can’t wait for it to be Sunday so I can step on the scale and see the results of my hard work. I’m trying not to put too much faith in those numbers but I am soooo curious! And now for this week’s bullet points:
- Do not buy a new workout top with built in bra and just bring it to the gym to put on. Try it at home first. Some show much more nipple than you realize…til it’s too late. Just sayin…
- My body is craving healthy food! Protein (chicken & nuts especially), water, fruit & yogurt. I’m indulging – and enjoying!!! It’s also not really craving carbs lately – which is also very awesome!
- I’m falling in love with yoga. I kinda enjoyed the WiiFit and then I looked on streaming Netflix to find more. I found this one and I’ve done it twice. Sooo relaxing and good stretches for post workout cooldown. I added a bunch more this morning I am excited to try out!
- I found out my gym membership through my old employer is still in place through the end of the year. I plan on dedicating 1 day a week to going there and doing different exercises – classes, swimming etc. I am looking forward to that. My dream day? BodyPump followed by Zumba before laps in the pool. Gotta see if I can make that happen!
- My body is changing! I even bought a pair of shorts this past weekend. I HATE my legs…or I should say I HATED my legs. Til I started running. Now I take one look at that dimple in my calf and I am ready to throw on a skirt and a pair of heels to show em off. Is it summer yet?!?! 🙂
- And just for fun – I’ve been taking pictures of my workout outfits lately. I don’t know why but I suppose this will be a good segue into tomorrow’s Stepping Out post so enjoy!!
Also? Today is my diaversary. It snuck up on me this year. I don’t suppose that’s a bad thing. So, read about my diagnosis here, where I wrote it about for last year’s diaversary. And look for another post later today: a vlog answering more questions about diabetes. I enjoy vlogging – and if you prefer watching to reading, check out my Vimeo channel! xo