Fitness Thursday – Week 2
So much has happened in the past week I barely know where to begin! Ok, well I’ll begin with my workouts. And then look for some bullet points cuz who doesn’t love those?
(I’m starting as of last Monday…because I can)
Monday 4/4 – nothing
Tuesday 4/5 – Shape’s flat abs Home Workout (30 min core)
30 minute run on treadmill (2.25 miles 255 calories burned)
35 minutes of WiiFit (yoga & aerobics)
Wednesday 4/6 – 45 minute WiiFit (yoga & aerobics)
Thursday – planned on a workout. Had cramps from hell (seriously. TMI or not, since I got my IUD a year ago PMS makes me wanna die…for several days. The pain is pretty ridonkulous). And my excitement for the Boston trip was out of this world 🙂
Friday – planned to at least get a run in at the hotel gym between the Museum of Science and dinner with my friend Empire. Traffic seriously impeded our plan and we had an hour to check in, unpack, shower, get ready and head out. A run did not fit into those plans.
Saturday – planned on waking up and working out. We had nowhere to be until lunch with my friend Toronto at 12:30. But that bed was pretty amazing and we wanted some time alone in the city. So one more day without a workout.
Sunday – we don’t work out on Sundays. Plus we had to check out and be in the city to meet our friends for a day at the Aquarium by 9:30. Another no-go
Monday – man, I was in a mood on Monday. Yelling at the computer and just generally angry. So I told FF I would just work out here. And I did!
Bike Ride – 30 minutes (distance: 7.3 miles 321 calories)
WiiFit – 32 minutes (yoga)
Tuesday 4/12 – I had a phone interview at 10am so I thought some yoga immediately before would be a good idea. An old friend called right as the WiiFit was booting up about some employment opportunities. We talked for a bit…but I still got a workout!
WiiFit – 16 minutes (yoga)
Treadmill – 32 minutes (2.49 miles 277 calories burned)
Wednesday – Today I decided it was time to push myself. I was gonna run a 5K on the treadmill. And I gave myself 45 minutes to do it. KILLED IT!
Treadmill – 39.31 minutes (3.19 miles (finished the 5K in 37.5! The rest was cooldown) 371 calories burned)
Shape Little Black Dress Workout – Arms
So that’s how the past week went. And I’m pretty frickin psyched. The Wii tells me I lost 4.4 pounds and I am dying to step on the scale – but no siree Bob! Not gonna do it! And now for the bullets 🙂
- I am beginning to enjoy yoga. I am thinking about adding some videos to my Netflix Queue. Maybe some meditation ones too.
- I am definitely cutting back on Diet Coke – but not necessarily upping my water consumption. I’m still working on it!
- I’m realizing a huge part of my issue is Body Image and I would like to devote a whole post to it. Just not this one.
- I’m discovering Facebook and Twitter are great motivational tools. I announced on Wednesday that I was going to run a Treadmill 5K. When I was less than half done I wanted to give up. Then I realized someone would call me out on it. I finished. And have set new running goals (Treadmill 5K in under 30 minutes by 4/30, Run it outdoors in 45 in May)
- I’m using magazines as motivation. I subscribe to Cosmo and Marie Claire and usually pick up Glamour & Everyday Living (among others) monthly. From here on out I can only read magazines while I’m exercising (riding the stationary bike primarily). My new Cosmo is BEGGING to be read. Guess who’s gonna be pedaling very soon?! 🙂
- I need new workout clothes. Running = sweat = smelly. Just sayin…
That’s all for now. Check back next week! xo