Getting To Know Me
I am currently working on transferring my 1000+ pictures on my iPhone to a flash drive so I can free up some room for music. Then my flash drive quit transferring because it was full. DAMN IT! So I was weeding through it trying to clean up all the superfluous crap I have on there. In doing so I found something I had written before I even met FF. I did change a few things that needed updating but in the spirit of being the Friday before a 3 day weekend, I took the easy way out with this post. Also, I feel since a big secret regarding my “true identity” was “leaked” (ahem G_bugg) on twitter yesterday (and then embraced by me) it would be appropriate to give you some random facts about me. Enjoy! XO
1. I always thought at this point in my life I would have a husband, a career, a house and a child. Sometimes it hurts that I don’t but I’m sublimely happy to be where I am in my life.
2. Getting divorced was the best thing for me and my ex-husband to do. It allowed us to grow outside of each other’s shadows.
3. I always wanted children but the older I get the more I think that my nephews might just be enough for me.
4. My dream job is to plan weddings (not just receptions!) or anchor a news show that has an optimistic outlook on humanity.
5. I am truly my happiest when I am making someone else’s day.
6. I always look for a silver lining…and I get very upset when I don’t find one.
7. I talk a big game but I do not like hurting other people’s feelings…no matter how much they’ve hurt mine.
8. I shoulder the burdens of my friend’s problems in hopes that this will make life easier for them but I feel like I am inconveniencing my friends when I have problems.
9. I have the best friends and the most wonderful family a girl could ask for. I’ve learned who will be there when I fall to either catch me or brush me off. I’ve also learned it’s ok if I don’t like them or want to be around them some days.
10. My favorite jeans are hand me downs, three sizes too big and are full of holes and stains. Wearing them makes me feel bad ass.
11. Diabetes sucks. That’s all I have to say about that…
12. I love trains. My grandparent’s old house had train tracks right out front and I remember when I was very young my dad would take me out to watch it go by. To this day, a train whistle always makes me smile.
13. I am a daddy’s girl through and through. No man can ever live up to the expectations my father has provided me with – sorry boys!
14. I love telling jokes! I remember them word for word and can tell a joke without laughing through the whole thing. I have a penchant for dirty jokes but a corny joke will make me chuckle every time.
15. If one more person asks me if I have or ever would try out for American Idol, I might scream. Luckily I am now too old.
16. I have the temper of an Irish red head but truth be told, I am very Scottish, a wee bit Irish and my natural hair color, is gray…
17. I hate feet! I hate my own feet. I feel guilty getting pedicures because I don’t think someone else should have to touch my feet. I can also tickle my own feet, which is so very, very wrong.
18. I worry about everything, every day, all day. It never, ever stops.
19. I apologize too much and I let people walk all over me and take advantage of me. Then I complain about it to my friends and they listen, give advice that I don’t listen to and repeat the whole process again and again.
20. I have sung competitively. I have sung on stage with a band at Nectar’s, Metronome, Higher Ground, T-Bones and in NYC and Boston. I love to sing but would never want music as a career – even if I had the opportunity.
21. I love to read. I would choose reading over tv any day. I started reading at 4 ½ and I don’t think I’ve stopped yet.
22. I am a text messaging fiend. I’m just too lazy to pick up the phone most of the time.
23. I want to take classes that teach me how to pole dance, use sign language, cook better and belly dance.
24. I want to graduate college but have no idea what to study.
25. I love American manicures, foil highlights and eyebrow waxes – quick, cheap fixes for a self esteem boost.